[Freeciv-Dev] Re: goto algoritm

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: goto algoritm
From: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 21:05:36 +0200

On Sat, 10 Jun 2000, Thue Janus Kristensen wrote:

> Here is a version using a priority queue with constant time for add
> and get operations. It halved the CPU usage in find_the_shortest_path()
> and reduced it with 50% for really_generate_warmap().
>
> The queue uses a good deal of memory currently, and I am trying to make
> one with a nicer data structure.
>
> -Thue

Umm, the alternative implementation wasn't as efficient and worked worse
(wasn't even quite a queue). We can use this one with a little tuning for
memory usage.
I know I didn't write too many comments to the first patch, so ask if
there is something in it you can't figure out.

-Thue

ps: I forgot to mention it goes on top of my first goto patch