Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] diplomatic states patch (was: updated pacts patch)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] diplomatic states patch (was: updated pacts patch)
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 22:33:59 -0400

At 2000/05/10 09:25 , Thue Janus Kristensen wrote:
>If people would have a look and maybe test it it would be nice.

I finally got a free moment (sorry for the delay).  I made a few changes
(updated patch attached):

- Updated to latest CVS.

- I felt there was some confusion in terms.  "Pacts" are mutual agreements,
not just some arbitrary state.  Also, "alliance" seemed overloaded.  So,
where a "pact" could be just a "diplomatic state", I changed it to be so.
Where an "alliance" was really a "pact", I changed it.

- Moved new events to end of list, so old indices remain the same.

- Reputation and diplomatic state texts needed to be i18n'd.

- Added headers where new routines were missing them.

- Changed DS_NUM to DS_LAST, to conform with the rest of Freeciv.

- Changed first message in maybe_cause_incident() to refer to
victim_player, not offender as the target.

- Fixed some LOG_FATAL usage.

- Added "static"s to some routine definitions, so they double as declarations.

- Fixed spelling errors.

- In Xaw client players dialog, the Cancel Treaty button was not being
enabled/disabled correctly.

- Improved find_visible_unit().

- In Xaw client diplomacy dialog, the Pacts button was not being localized.

- Changed handle_player_cancel_pact() to work only in case where current
diplomatic state is a "pact".

- Removed the change to the SAVEFILE_OPTIONS string (it is not needed).

- Improved diplomacy clause string generation.  (Changed to use
my_snprintf() everywhere, and moved to climisc.[hc] to be called by both
clients.)

- Improved and added comments to can_unit_move_to_tile().

Some other issues remain to be hashed out.  I quickly note:

- How do AIs handle diplomacy?

- What does the Select Units dialog looks like when other players' units
are in same square?

- What of all this should be controlled by ruleset(s)?  Server option(s)?

Finally, I ran my favorite old test save-file, and I got some "Get_def
bugged" errors.

jjm