Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: diplomatic states patch (was: updated pacts patch)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: diplomatic states patch (was: updated pacts patch)
From: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 12:23:10 +0200

> Some other issues remain to be hashed out.  I quickly note:
>
> - How do AIs handle diplomacy?

Why not leave it with they don't for now, and get what we have into CVS
first. It is truly a pain to update this patch wheneven some other patch
gets commited.
For now they are just always at war.

> - What does the Select Units dialog looks like when other players' units
> are in same square?

I did some work on this. If you click on a stack that contains both your
units and other units there is just a list popped up, like if you had
severel of your own units in the tile. Clicking on other peoples units
have no effect.
This seems reasonable to me (else I wouldn't have done it that way.)

> - What of all this should be controlled by ruleset(s)?  Server option(s)?
>
> Finally, I ran my favorite old test save-file, and I got some "Get_def
> bugged" errors.

This is not  (neccesarily) the pacts patch. It also happens in
plain CVS when a settler transforms a swamp to ocean (the autosettlers do
this) and stays in the tile. I'll have a patch for this.

-Thue