Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Server bug: out-of-range unit coordinates (CVS)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Server bug: out-of-range unit coordinates (CVS)
From: Piotr Sulecki <Piotr.Sulecki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 13:39:37 +0200

Ave!

I have just tried the latest CVS, downloaded, compiled and run. After a
few
moves the server has crashed. Examining the core turned out that the
server
was trying to get info about a tile whose coordinates were in the range
of
about 1.5 billion! No wonder that map_adjust_[xy]() macros choked on
these.

It happened when some AI unit entered the hut and got a settler in it.

It seems like some routine writes where it shouldn't, but I have no easy
means to check which. Any ideas?

My system is HP/UX 10.20 w/ gcc 2.95.

PeterS.