Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Server bug: out-of-range unit coordinates (CVS)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Server bug: out-of-range unit coordinates (CVS)
From: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 18:09:58 +0200

On Fri, 12 May 2000, Piotr Sulecki wrote:
> Ave!
>
> I have just tried the latest CVS, downloaded, compiled and run. After a
> few
> moves the server has crashed. Examining the core turned out that the
> server
> was trying to get info about a tile whose coordinates were in the range
> of
> about 1.5 billion! No wonder that map_adjust_[xy]() macros choked on
> these.
>
> It happened when some AI unit entered the hut and got a settler in it.
>
> It seems like some routine writes where it shouldn't, but I have no easy
> means to check which. Any ideas?
>
> My system is HP/UX 10.20 w/ gcc 2.95.
>
> PeterS.

I checked what I could think of. Lets hope it is fixed by the patch I
sent (Even though I don't think it was the same bug).

Just one thing: was it an explorer that entered the hut? Might be some
bug related to the fact that it has no homecity, and then the server
tried looking up the homecity anyway (though the code for this looked ok,
one of the things I checked)

-Thue