Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Server bug: out-of-range unit coordinates (CVS)

To: FreeCiv Development <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Server bug: out-of-range unit coordinates (CVS)
From: Piotr Sulecki <Piotr.Sulecki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 14:44:29 +0200

Ave!

> How many players were there? Over 16?

4 (2 humans + 2 AIs). Fog-of-war disabled.

> What was the player number of the which caused the crash?

I have no means to check it now... I mean, I have the core dump, but I
recompiled the binary when I updated the CVS half an hour ago, and now
DDD won't allow me to load it. The only changed file was AFAIR something
about the help gui from client, civserver didn't even get relinked, so I
don't quite understand it.

Anyway, with only 4 players, it doesn't seem to be related to the 16+
players patch...

> And are you sure it was the very latest CVS, I checked in a fix some time
> ago related to settlers that might have fixed this.

I have a cron job which copies current CVS to me every night (Central
European Time), so it was a 12-hours old CVS at most. Besides, as I
said, when I updated the source manually about half an hour ago, only
one file got updated.

PeterS.