Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: Pangea

To: Massimo Campostrini <Massimo.Campostrini@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: Pangea
From: Daniel Sjolie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 13:00:11 +0200

On 2000-05-12 12:12:00, Massimo Campostrini wrote:
> Daniel Sjolie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > I just had this thought...
> > I really like to fight for land, guarding clear borders -
> > really building an empire...
>
> I like this as well; I use:
>
> set landmass 75
> set swamps 25
> set deserts 13
> set rivers 125
> set mountains 100
> set forests 62
>
> and it seems to work nicely.

It does...
My patch does not...
Well, thanks - we'll have to see if I get the energy to investigate the
mapgeneration... :)

I really think we need a repository of some kind for different
settings/rulesets... Preferably with some kind of interface in the
client... Perhaps something like connected to the metaserver...

Of course - for that to be natural we need a server/ruleset interface in
the client... Ah, well... Perhaps tomorrow? :)

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)