Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: Pangea

To: Freeciv List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: Pangea
From: Daniel Sjolie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 06:47:12 +0200

On 2000-05-12 02:39:46, Daniel Sjolie wrote:
> So I added another option to the map generator:
> +       "5 = one big continent (if You prefer trenches to boats)\n"
>
> That will let You all start on one big continent - Pangea :)
>
> I haven't tested it a lot and I get this message
> 1: mapgen.c: mass doesn't sum up.
> but it seems to work anyway...
>
> I tried to figure that message out but I really think the abundance
> of global variables i mapgen.c makes it really painful to figure that
> code out... :}

Well, it's defenitely not working right...
The plains are not spread evenly at all...
I'm too tired to investigate now...
I really would like to clean the map generator up...
But I don't think I'll have the time very soon...
*sigh*

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)