Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: terrain special display in gtk help (was: Re: (no sub

To: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: terrain special display in gtk help (was: Re: (no subject)) (PR#369)
From: Richard Atkins <rja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 18:13:30 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 9 May 2000, Jeff Mallatt wrote:

> At 2000/04/25 01:00 , you wrote:
> >
> >Updates to my changes to the gtk client's help dialog.
> >
> >- now can collapse/expand whole tech tree and reset the tree to the
> >default layout (2 levels expanded, the rest collapsed)
> >- tree no longer contains redundant subtrees. eg if literacy occurs twice
> >in the tree, only the first will have child nodes.
> >- new expand unknown button, to expand the tech tree everywhere it can,
> >except where all child nodes (that is, requisite techs) are known.
>
> Thanks.  I just committed this.

Coool. Thanks for that.

> However, I missed the following line:
>
> >- added pixmaps to show terrain tiles (normal and both specials)
>
> and only tested the tech tree stuff.  Turns out that you don't check for
> the existance of a special before you decide to display it's tile.
> Specials are not guaranteed to exist -- a terrain type may have two, one or
> the other, or no specials.  This should be an easy fix.

I can't do this at the moment. Stuck actually doing work for once.

Its also possible that the pixmaps in the terrain and units are leaking. I
don't think they are ever free'd (or whatever the gtk syntax is) when the
dialog is destroyed...

Thanks,
        Richard

Now to fix my last two patches and get them in CVS :)

--------
       Richard Atkins  rja@xxxxxxxxxxx
       http://www.pcug.org.au/~rja/

       "All these moments will be lost in