Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] patch: Pangea

To: Freeciv List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] patch: Pangea
From: Daniel Sjolie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 02:39:46 +0200

I just had this thought...
I really like to fight for land, guarding clear borders -
really building an empire...

When players live on different islands that kind of action
is not as common - it's a lot of hitting on coastal cities
and making quick raids...

So I added another option to the map generator:
+       "5 = one big continent (if You prefer trenches to boats)\n"

That will let You all start on one big continent - Pangea :)

I haven't tested it a lot and I get this message
1: mapgen.c: mass doesn't sum up.
but it seems to work anyway...

I tried to figure that message out but I really think the abundance
of global variables i mapgen.c makes it really painful to figure that
code out... :}

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)