Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: warmap patch and gotohand

To: Nicolas BRUNEL <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: warmap patch and gotohand
From: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 22:16:23 +0200

On Thu, 04 May 2000, Nicolas BRUNEL wrote:
> > >    - the field seacost is withdrawn. It wasn't used anywhere as a seacost
> > > field. There was always a test before to check if the unit was a land or
> > > sea unit.
> >
> > Have you tested your patch and seen if the AI still manages to use
> > transports?
>
> Yes, it does.

But what abouT such places in the code as (advmillitary.c)

           c = (warmap.cost[bx][by] + m - 1) / m + 1 +
                warmap.seacost[x][y] / boatspeed; /* kluge */

Here the ai clearly have a movecostmap for both a boat and a unit at the
same time. But if you had only one cost field the two would be written on
top of each other? And no, they are not disjunct, for cities are on both
units map (and I think the boats field overlap one field onto land if it
has passangers)
Anyway, as I have allready said, even if seacost was not
used currently I wouldn't want it removed, as I could easily be practical.
> [...]
> Nicolas

-Thue