Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] warmap patch and gotohand

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] warmap patch and gotohand
From: Nicolas BRUNEL <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 02:02:26 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

   I looked quickly at Thue gotohand patch. It's a good thing to have
clearer gotohand functions.c . I didn't check if It reproduces the same
behaviour as the old one. As has said Thue, it takes time to understand
gotohand code. I tried also to improve it. Modifications are

   - the field seacost is withdrawn. It wasn't used anywhere as a seacost
field. There was always a test before to check if the unit was a land or
sea unit.

   - the local_vector is no more set to zero. It can be wrong. But, It
looks like it is always set before being used.

   An old warmap can be reused. If the minimum distance between the two
units which are using a warmap is d, only add d to the old warmap.
Part of the warmap will have the correct cost. (Once you have reached the
old position) I don't know if it can be done efficiently. I don't think AI
manage airlift.

   In ai/aiunit.c : int find_something_to_kill
   A test is added so that AI only try to conquer ennemy cities.

Nicolas