Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv and Civ II

To: garfy@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Freeciv Developer <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv and Civ II
From: Jules Bean <jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 14:02:50 +0100

On Fri, Apr 28, 2000 at 01:42:11PM +0200, Egbert Hinzen wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Tuomas Airaksinen wrote:
> > On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Egbert Hinzen wrote:
> > > AFAIK there was the idea that Freeciv should become compatible to
> > > Civ II... 8-)
>
> > Why should we make Freeciv COMPATIBLE with civ2?
> > I suppose our goal is to make freeciv much better than civ2
> > (and IMO, it is already!).
>
> That's right. But better means more than as good as...
> ... and I don't think that Freeciv is as good as Civ II...
> or CIV I, BTW.

Interesting you should say that.

Care to elaborate?  Why don't you think it is as good as them?

(Myself, I think it's a close run thing, and if pacts were
implemented, I'd come out in favour of freeciv every time)

Jules

--
Jules Bean                          |        Any sufficiently advanced
jules@{debian.org,jellybean.co.uk}  |  technology is indistinguishable