Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Patch: Infrastructure tech generalization

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Patch: Infrastructure tech generalization
From: Marko Lindqvist <caz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 16:23:16 +0300 (EET DST)

 I figured out that with current implementation one cannot give players
ability to build fortresses/bridges/railroads from the start of the game
just by editing rulesets. Those abilities always require some tech.
 This patch adds list of settler abilities usable from the start of the
game (no need to research any special techs) to techs.ruleset.
This patch also makes it possible to create ruleset where
road/mine/irrigation abilities require some tech to be researched. Mine
and irrigation techs are required only in order to create specials (mines
and irrigation), not in order to change terrain type (forest->plains etc).
 I made someminor testing with gtk client. I haven't even compiled
other clients. I haven't looked AI code yet. It can have some problems if
road/mine/irrigation abilities are not always available.

 Caz