Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alpha Centauri

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alpha Centauri
From: Stewart Adcock <saa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 21:33:04 +0100

Hi,

> 1)
> Valutas/currencies could be incorporated into main freeciv
> if turnable-off. This was what I tried to do a month or two ago.
Should be easy to turn off: Just set the valutas to gold for each nation
(maybe use default of gold if no money/money_plural field is found in
the rulesets) and skip the piece of code which the server uses to send
the names to the client.

> 2)
> much of the .diff is spacing/comments differences for existing code
> and there is much of : `Only in freecivAC-1.10.0/subdir: file.o'
> Patch size can go 10-20% down clearing them.
Except I've written another 400-500 lines of code (incl. comments) since
I sent that patch.  SMAC-style diplomacy and the planetary council are
coming along nicely.

Of course, the stuff I've done so far is pretty much just
experimentation.

Stewart.

Stewart Adcock      saa@xxxxxxxxxxx      www.stewart-adcock.co.uk
Physical & Theoretical Chemistry, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QZ
Home: (0118) 959 4366  Lab: (01865) 275 933  Fax: (01865) 275 905