Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: freeciv ai

To: "martin.mcmahon" <martin.mcmahon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "freeciv dev" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: freeciv ai
From: "Peter Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 13:47:18 +0200

>Hello Peter I dont think any town should be able to support more than 10
>diplomats ,the strain on the towns would be too great to support more than
>this amount and it would stop AI building more than 10.also on this subject
>could there not be a new diplomats later on in the game say once radio or
>other new age techs and able,that would mean u would have two thing you
could
>do once you reached an enemy(other nations) town.

Dont get exactly what u mean.

But for "freeciv-mode", some kind of support(gold) for diplomats/spies seem
a good idea.
Spies do appear later in the game.

Also a general idea for displaying 20 diplomats
might be to draw the unit with the number 20 in a corner,
or maybe overlap them (like bulbs/grains/gold in payciv).

The fact that the AI builds defending diplomats/spies
with priority probably indicates that rules should be
changed such that diplomats/spies cannot defend
unless garrisoned in some counterespionageagency building.
Talking freeciv-mode ofc.