Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: freeciv ai

To: Peter Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxx>, freeciv dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: freeciv ai
From: "martin.mcmahon" <martin.mcmahon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 22:40:40 +0100

Hello Peter been thinking about this so sorry about the time taken to reply
must be getting slower or something ,,,,anyway I think the idea u said about
the unit haveing the number 20 is alot better than 20 dipies(diplomats said
like spies) standing all in a row:)
I like the name for the dipy building :)

On 18-Apr-00, Peter Schaefer wrote:

>> Hello Peter I dont think any town should be able to support more than 10
>> diplomats ,the strain on the towns would be too great to support more than
>> this amount and it would stop AI building more than 10.also on this subject
>> could there not be a new diplomats later on in the game say once radio or
>> other new age techs and able,that would mean u would have two thing you
> could
>> do once you reached an enemy(other nations) town.
>>

> Dont get exactly what u mean.
>
> But for "freeciv-mode", some kind of support(gold) for diplomats/spies seem
> a good idea.
> Spies do appear later in the game.
>
> Also a general idea for displaying 20 diplomats
> might be to draw the unit with the number 20 in a corner,
> or maybe overlap them (like bulbs/grains/gold in payciv).
>
> The fact that the AI builds defending diplomats/spies
> with priority probably indicates that rules should be
> changed such that diplomats/spies cannot defend
> unless garrisoned in some counterespionageagency building.
> Talking freeciv-mode ofc.

Regards
--
E-mail : martin.mcmahon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
E-mail Pager 07713442670@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chat on #Rabble  uk3.arcnet.vapor.com port6667
see http://rabbled.cjb.net

Get Freeciv at http://www.freeciv.org

Member of G.A.U.G (Glasgow Amiga User Group)
gaug-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx