Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Pacts patch.

To: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Pacts patch.
From: Paul Thomas <Paul.Thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 16:09:10 +1000

On Wed, Apr 12, 2000 at 08:08:40PM +0200, Thue Janus Kristensen wrote:

> You have defined the capability as just "pacts" and not "+pacts", butt
> when I tried to connect with an unpatched gtk client it crashed.

Odd.  Must surely be a bug in gtk.  ;)

Are people happy for this just to be a mandatory capability?  It's a
big change to the game rules (and tactics), after all, even if the
network protocol has changed very little.

> >  * the "Cancel Pact" button is disabled in too many cases
> I simply allowed it to be enabled in all cases where there is a
> pact, and not as before where you also had to have an embassy.

I've fixed this in my working copy too, in exactly the same way.

> Note that the text on the button should change with it's
> consequences

Good idea.  I'm not sure how to make this work with Xaw's (actually
Xt's) resource mechanism, though; do any of our Xaw gurus have any
hints?

> >  * when an alliance is broken, resolve_unit_stack needs to be called
> Well, quick and untested implementation done.

Great; thanks!

> And unlike the previous patch it should actually be possible to
> apply it without manually typing in all the filenames :)

Woops -- sorry about that.  It applied fine for me, or so I thought;
I'll be extra careful to check next time.

Thanks for your help in testing this, and for your fixes.

-- paul