Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Pacts patch.

To: Paul Thomas <Paul.Thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Pacts patch.
From: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 18:46:56 +0200

> > You have defined the capability as just "pacts" and not "+pacts", butt
> > when I tried to connect with an unpatched gtk client it crashed.
>
> Odd.  Must surely be a bug in gtk.  ;)
>
> Are people happy for this just to be a mandatory capability?  It's a
> big change to the game rules (and tactics), after all, even if the
> network protocol has changed very little.

*whisles innocently, as the capability string currently contains 3 '+'s
because of me*
Personally I don't think it is important; if people want to play together
with CVS they can just upgrade.

> > >  * the "Cancel Pact" button is disabled in too many cases
> > I simply allowed it to be enabled in all cases where there is a
> > pact, and not as before where you also had to have an embassy.
>
> I've fixed this in my working copy too, in exactly the same way.

Then you didn't do a good enought job :). In this patch I also check if
the player actually is yourself, in which case it is also disabled

This patch includes gtk implementation.

It seems to me that the reputation displayed in the player dialog is
always "questionable". Looks like a bug.
--------------------------------
So the TODO list is:

-make unpatched clients compatible/remove non-functional attempt at
compatability

-the XAW client diplomacy screen reads '_("Pacts")' not 'Pacts'

-resolve_unit_stack needs to be modified to take alliances into account

-reputation seems not to be updated in the client

-make the "cancel pact" text change with effect if possible (or at least I
would prefer "cancel treaty")

-make the ai use diplomacy (any volunteers? :) )

-Thue