Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] crash in current CVS source

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] crash in current CVS source
From: "Michael H. Price II" <price@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 22:10:11 -0500

I'm running a freeciv compiled from the current CVS sources. The
machine is running OpenBSD 2.6-current and the GTK client was compiled.

I can frequently crash the server by doing the following:

1. Start the server.
2. Connect with the client.
3. set xsize 110
4. set ysize 70
5. set gen 2
6. start

The following happens:

> start
Starting game.

1: price is the Carthaginian ruler Hasdrubal.
1: mapgen.c: mass doesn't sum up.
Memory fault (core dumped)

GDB provides the following info:

#0  package_dumb_city (pplayer=0x99bc4, x=26, y=37, packet=0xdfbfd838)
    at cityhand.c:980

Just letting you know.

Michael