Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: options

To: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Hayes <hrs@xxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: options
From: Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 10:20:35 -0400

On Wed, Apr 12, 2000 at 03:48:11PM +0200, Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxx>
was heard to say:
> Someone allready made a patch for this, and it is in CVS, ie. it will be
> in the next freeciv release.

  Ah, ok.  I thought I read something about it here but I wasn't sure.. :)

> > > 3 in the city window lacks the option Happy, that makes you able to see
> > > how people feel about temples, armies...
> >
> >   This would be great, and is something I've missed ever since first
> > touching
> > Freeciv whenever that was (a year or two ago, I guess).  Anyone know how
> > difficult it would be to implement?  I haven't looked much at the happiness
> > calculation code..
>
> It would not be very difficult I should think, but you would probably end
> up rewriting a function or two in server/cityturn.c . I think they
> contain a bug or two anyway (how about that, you would actually be the
> one who wrote the happiness calculation functions :).)
> -And you would need to make a new packet to send the info (the
> client would ask for it with a package, the server would make the info,
> and send it, and the client would display it upon recieving it).
> -And you would need to design the popup window. in the client (or maybe
> appropriate a little space in the main window.)
>
> Ok - a little work maybe, but no insanely difficult challenges.
>
> And I am not going to do it, so you might as well begin coding now :)

  Gah.  I don't really have enough time to even maintain the auth patch I wrote
earlier.  If no-one's done it by this summer, I can take a look.  (of course,
hmm, I have time to write this email..)

  Daniel

--
We are Debian of Borg.  You will be packaged.  Resistance is futile.