Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] A bug in GTK client (PR#334)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] A bug in GTK client (PR#334)
From: Piotr.Sulecki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 08:55:56 -0700 (PDT)

Full_Name: Piotr Sulecki
Version: both 1.10.0 and latest CVS
Client: Gtk+
OS: HP/UX
Submission from: (NULL) (149.156.50.2)

I reported once that the GTK client of FreeCiv 1.10.0 dumps core on
game start. Today I checked it with the CVS version, and discovered the
same behaviour. Some more details follow.

The crash occurs just after "start"ing the game from the server console,
even before the "Choose your nation" window appears on the client.

The crash seems to be related to gtk_scale_pixmap function from
client/gui-gtk/gui-stuff.c. DDD, when analysing the core dump, reports
that the range has been exceeded in put_line_32 function.

I'm usually playing on a HP system with 1600x1200 resolution, and the crash
occurs if and only if I have the window zoomed to (almost) full screen.

Unfortunately, I have no knowledge on GTK/GDK. Help, anybody?