Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: options

To: Hayes <hrs@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: options
From: Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 09:40:33 -0400

On Wed, Apr 12, 2000 at 02:31:06PM +0200, Hayes <hrs@xxxxxxxxx> was heard to
say:
> I have played freeciv little but I have been able to notice these
> negative aspects in comparison to the Sid Mayer's version:
> 1 I was not succesfull in finding the option command "end turn
> automatically"

  Is this really a bad thing?  One of the first things I always did was to turn
that off..

> 2 the popup windows, that warn me of what is going on, can't be closed
> with the return, und force me to use the mouse.

  True, although depending on your window-manager you might have to use the
mouse anyway (to focus the window)  This is about one line of code to fix..

  I suspect, though, that the reason this is the case is that most people
use the Message Window instead of popups, which is significantly superior
anyway, and so not much effort goes into popups.  Go to "Message Options" to
activate this.

> 3 in the city window lacks the option Happy, that makes you able to see
> how people feel about temples, armies...

  This would be great, and is something I've missed ever since first touching
Freeciv whenever that was (a year or two ago, I guess).  Anyone know how
difficult it would be to implement?  I haven't looked much at the happiness
calculation code..

  Daniel