Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New freeciv intro.xpm splash screen

To: michal@xxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New freeciv intro.xpm splash screen
From: John Paul Rodman <jp@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 09:15:49 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 18 Mar 2000 michal@xxxx wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Mar 2000, John Paul Rodman wrote:
>
> First of all, thank you. :)
>
> I don't see _any_ troubles reading those letters. Maybe you are using 16
> colour graphics mode?

I'm running at 16 million.
I assume we're referring to freeciv.jpg
I took a second look.  The colors are fine.  I guess it's just the F in
that font.  I can read it, it just takes a second for it to click.  I feel
like my reaction should be "FreeCIV! Hey, that looks cool.", not "Hey,
that looks cool!  Oh, it says FreeCIV."  Not a big deal, just a thought.

> > PS. I like the way you sidestepped the motto controversy.
>
> Was there _any_ controversy? Beg your pardon, I'm new to freeciv.

The controversy was between:
cause civilization should be free
Because civilization should be free
'cause civilization should be free
Cuz civilization should be free
etc...

Silly gramatical stuff.  Personally, I prefer two, but I don't really
care.

I forgot that the motto was drawn at runtime...

JP