Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI movement "bug" (PR#301)

To: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI movement "bug" (PR#301)
From: Robert Cropp <rjcropp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 18:36:51 -0500 (EST)

Hi Tomasz,

I am enclosing an example saved game (bug-725.sav).
I'm Pierre Trudeau of the Canadians. The problem
occurs with the AI chariot just north of Moose Jaw.
To see it:
1) end the turn to go to 700 BC. the AI chariot should
   move down 1 space and fortify.
2) move the Canadian chariot down 1 space (so it doesn't
   get attacked), then end the turn.
3) the AI chariot will move 3 spaces and conquer Moose Jaw!

However, in reading the response to report 286, it seemed
that this was not really a "bug", but was deliberately
done in the code (?).

On land it is not very common for this to happen, but I guess
this is probably because your units and the AI units
have to be arranged "just so" for the AI to take
advantage of it. But on water I have seen the AI do it several
times - i.e. unloading and attacking in the "same" turn -
whenever it can, really.

Regards,

Robert