Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] AI movement "bug" (PR#301)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] AI movement "bug" (PR#301)
From: Robert Cropp <rjcropp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 15:09:54 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I was going to email to notify you of a bug with the AI
being able to move/attack more than its unit's number
of moves. Then I noticed bug report 286 from
seekles@xxxxxxxxxxxx, which seems to cover my complaint.

I have encountered this with a variety of AI units.
For example, a chariot can in effect move 3 spaces.
Or, the AI can unload 1-movement units from a ship right
next to my city, then the units get to attack right away.
To me this seems to unbalance the game quite badly.

Anyway, I was wondering if you are planning on fixing
this at any point? [Not that I'm entitled to harangue
you guys about this :) ]

anyway, apart from that the game is very good, please
keep up the good work.

Robert Cropp