Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Changing production -> production loss? (PR#274)

To: killesreiter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Changing production -> production loss? (PR#274)
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 00:25:01 +1100 (EST)

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000,
Gerhard Killesreiter <killesreiter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Version: cvs(15.2 ?)
> Client: Gtk+
> OS:  Linux Kernel 2.2.12

> In a game I had a big city being able to produce a lot of production points
> per turn (>70). I only biult spies there, so I had a lot of points left
> after some turns (>650). I decided to change the production to the Apollo
> programme. The dialogue window showed to me that I would need 4 rounds.
> (650/2 +4*70 >600). However, when I did the actual change I got told, that
> it would be finished the next turn. Unconsistent at least, if not a bug.

Yep.  The reason is that there is now no penalty for
changing production type if you have just finished building
(as for the city in this example, which finished every turn)
or if you have already incured the penalty this turn,
but city_turns_to_build() in common/city.c does not take
this into account, always applying the penalty.

This actually looks a bit non-trivial to fix, because I
think pcity->turn_last_built and pcity->turn_changed_target
are the appropriate fields to check, but these are not
currently sent from the server to the client?

-- David