[Freeciv-Dev] Re: generating a pox

To: Philippe Fremy <fremy@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: generating a pox
From: Egbert Hinzen <egbert@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 03:06:49 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Philippe Fremy wrote:

> When I generate a fr.pox from a fr.po, the fr.pox has fatal errors, according
> to msgfmt. The problem is that for all the strings from rulesets files and
> help.txt that contains a character '%', a line '#, c-format' was added before
> the translation, so msgfmt thinks then that it is a c-format string, and
> complains.
>
> How do other translators manage this problem ?

I never use a pox file!

After getting a CVS update, I use the following script to make sure that I
have an actual freeciv.pot. (I make changes to a special de.po in my home
dir; you will have to change this and other to your local options!)
The script starts at /usr/src/freeciv.

        rm po/de.*
        make distclean
        cp /home/egbert/de.po po
        ./configure --prefix=/usr/X11 --datadir=/usr/games/lib
        make
        make install

After that I use

        msgmerge de.po freeciv/po/freeciv.pot -o test

Then I have to delete de.po and rename test to de.po.

BTW: Don't use msgfmt with the "-c" option!

--
Egbert Hinzen
--- ICQ 45698606 or 51826579
--- PGP Public Keys available at www.ehinzen.de