[Freeciv-Dev] generating a pox

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] generating a pox
From: Philippe Fremy <fremy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 00:11:18 +0100

        Hi,

When I generate a fr.pox from a fr.po, the fr.pox has fatal errors, according
to msgfmt. The problem is that for all the strings from rulesets files and
help.txt that contains a character '%', a line '#, c-format' was added before
the translation, so msgfmt thinks then that it is a c-format string, and
complains.

So I need to get rid of all those c-format lines, but it's quite annoying to
do it everytime I make a new fr.pox (particulary if I want to stay in sync
with cvs).

I wonder if there is a way to tell msgfmt not to add those guessed
c-format lines.

How do other translators manage this problem ?

        Philippe