[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nations policy version 2

To: garfy@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Freeciv Developer <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nations policy version 2
From: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 16:07:50 +0100

On Tue, Feb 15, 2000 at 03:48:28PM +0100, Egbert Hinzen wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> > I hope this is better.
> > Comments are always apreciated.
> >
> > --- NATIONS POLICY VERSION 2 ---
>
> Maybe I got crazy, BUT:
>
> THIS IS A GAME!
> Nations, flags, cities, and rulers only interest as far as they have to
> be unique! And: Everyone can (re)name his/her cities as (s)he likes!
>
> There isn't any problem to have the same city in different nations as far
> as it is called different! Because we are playing a *war game*, each city
> may belong to different nations while the game goes on...
>
> Does it really make sense to anyone to discuss about a name list?

This policy was made to set up some consistency.
This is not more than, ex: C-style-guide.

Nationsets are made by dozens of people, if everyone
were following own standards, random problems could be
arrising regularily. Someone proposed that we should
have 2, 3 or 4 nationsets for different epochs.
This is higher level of complexity, and it would be
half year of random patching, until these sets were usable.
With little rules we can do this change faster and easier.