[Freeciv-Dev] Re: wonder notification

To: Freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: wonder notification
From: Falk Hueffner <falk.hueffner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 25 Jan 2000 11:33:01 +0100

Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Mon, Jan 24, 2000 at 05:11:46PM +0100, Daniel Zinsli was heard to say:
> > I see that freeciv informs all when someone (non-ai) starts building a
> > wonder, which is afaik different from civ2.
>
>   Actually, for all players (unless it's changed since the last release),
> and this *is* how CivII does it.
>
> > Is there a reason for it being the way it is?
>
>   Well, personally, I prefer it this way -- it makes the competition to
> build Wonders ahead of the other players that much more vicious.

Well, actually I tend to build the wonder I would like least, and the
switch to the "real" wonder just before finishing :) But generally, I
like this feature, too; I even think there should be a report stating
what wonders are currently being built and where, since you could have
written down every message in theory.

Probably a better way would be to randomly give players information
like these, perhaps based on how much they spend on "Intelligence"...

        Falk