[Freeciv-Dev] FreeCiv Suggestion.

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] FreeCiv Suggestion.
From: nigelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (NigelM)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 19:37:23 +1100 (EST)

Idea/Suggestion

Bring back the Barbarians,
Scroling MiniMap.

Description

The original Civilization had the chaotic variable of
barbarians, With FreeCiv and its Cowardly Barbarians
the huts you find perhaps it is a good idea to bring
back the old Horsemen popping up around the unlucky
adventurer. This allows some chance of survival and
a more chaotic possibility. It would in conjunction
with the Change of Cowardly Barbarians to Real
Barbarian Units be a good idea to allow the random
appearance of the barbarian shits landing their units
and the classic Barbarian Diplomat (as we all remember
that if you attack the diplomat you get 100 gold in
ransom).

A Scroling map Mini Map is both conveniant and sensible
when it comes to 100+x100+ maps, to have half the screen
used up by the minimap and information isn't all that
desireable. What I suggest is to have the same scroll
system as in the main map.

Reg,
NigelM