Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: segfault patch

To: Corin Anderson <corin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Patrik Järnefelt <pja@xxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: segfault patch
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 17:18:27 -0600

On Thu, Dec 09, 1999 at 10:27:04AM -0800, Corin Anderson wrote:
> P.S.  Question to the Grand Powers:  just where *should* bug fix patches
> be posted?  Should I first go to the bug tracking system, submit a bug,
> then submit the patch?  Or should I just sent mail to freeciv-dev?  Or to
> bugs??

        Personally, I check the freeciv bug tracker sporadically.  I read
freeciv related email ASAP.
        It seems reasonable to file a bug, then submit the patch, or to do
both of these in a single step.  Then people can critique the patch.
        Large patches should be placed up for ftp rather than sent
anywhere.  Large is probably anything over about 10K.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"And they said work hard, and die suddenly, because it's fun."