Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Air units

To: idjason@xxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Air units
From: Daniel Sjolie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 04:37:28 +0100

On 1999-12-07 02:58:43, idjason@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>  No, but this would act just like a transport ship except instead of
> transporting units over water, it could transport them anywhere,
> quickly.
> This would all be good for invading enemies IMHO. You could a drop a
> couple of howitzers and mech inf. right at the door of somebodys
> capital.
> Invasion made easy.

That is what paratroopers are for...
You are not suppose to be able to do that...
It would however be logical to be able to drop units of
at any airbase (I don't think this is possible now - is it?)
and it might make sense to have a special 'air-carrier'
unit for that purpose...

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)