Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Go To and Autosettler

To: lohanf@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Go To and Autosettler
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 22:31:47 +1000 (EST)

Florin Lohan wrote:

> As you probably know, goto using arrow keys does not work in the GTK+
> client, only in the Xaw one. It would be nice if it would work also
> there.

People say this alot, but it works fine for me (and others).

There is the following note:

 - The Gtk+ client sometimes has a problem where the focus gets stuck
   on the chatline, and the arrow keys no longer work to move units in
   the main window.  A way to get back to the main window is to use
   the <Tab> key to advance to focus to some other widget.  Then the
   arrow keys will work again.  (Notably, clicking on the main window
   does *not* give it the focus, unfortunately.)

(I wonder, does this explain all such instances, or is there
another problem too?)

-- David