Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Go To and Autosettler

To: Florin Lohan <lohanf@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Go To and Autosettler
From: Aasmund Midttun Godal <aasmundg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 12:29:39 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, Florin Lohan wrote:

> Hi !
>
> As you probably know, goto using arrow keys does not work in the GTK+
> client, only in the Xaw one. It would be nice if it would work also
> there.
Never got the GTK+ working... but I guess it doesn't matter if the arrow
keys don't work.

> Another thing is the autosettler algorithm.
> At some point, if you have many engineers (in autosettler mode), your
> continent is mostly settled, the engineers will exit the autosettler
> mode and will prompt you to do something with them.
> I would like some advanced autosettler mode that will allow working the
> square areas that are not yet assigned to any worker of any city, and
> double irrigation for cities that don't have yet supermarket. Expensive
> terrain transformations is also an issue. I also consider good to have
> more than one engineer working to the same thing in auto-settler mode.
> Auto building cities might also be an option.
> I would also like an option that will forbid a city to switch to
> capitalization once it has finished building something and there are
> still improvements to build. The last thing would be an option to allow
> me to "auto-buy" the current improvement if it is not ready after N
> steps (years), and if I have the money ...
The problem here is, that if you are going to create special commands
suited to everyones desires, the program is going to be awfully
complex. It has been suggested to enable Guile Scripting which would allow
you to do things like this, I however am not too fond of guile...

> Best regards, > Florin

Aasmund Midttun Godal

aasmund@xxxxxxxxx - http://www.godal.com/
+47 93 65 98 50 - Pb. 48 Blindern N-0313 Oslo