Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Go To and Autosettler

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Go To and Autosettler
From: Florin Lohan <lohanf@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 12:53:50 +0300

Hi !

As you probably know, goto using arrow keys does not work in the GTK+
client, only in the Xaw one. It would be nice if it would work also
there.

Another thing is the autosettler algorithm.
At some point, if you have many engineers (in autosettler mode), your
continent is mostly settled, the engineers will exit the autosettler
mode and will prompt you to do something with them.
I would like some advanced autosettler mode that will allow working the
square areas that are not yet assigned to any worker of any city, and
double irrigation for cities that don't have yet supermarket. Expensive
terrain transformations is also an issue. I also consider good to have
more than one engineer working to the same thing in auto-settler mode.
Auto building cities might also be an option.
I would also like an option that will forbid a city to switch to
capitalization once it has finished building something and there are
still improvements to build. The last thing would be an option to allow
me to "auto-buy" the current improvement if it is not ready after N
steps (years), and if I have the money ...

Best regards,
Florin