Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Italian translation

To: mc3510@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Italian translation
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 21:10:40 +1000 (EST)

Francesco Celli wrote:

> Perfect David, i've a last question before to begin the trnslation.
> What .po file (spanish, deutsch and so on) we can use? I've seen
> for example that in deutsch .po file there are some strings not
> translated in the other translations file. What file we should
> use?

For a new translation you should normally start with the file
freeciv.pot ("freeciv po template"), which is not kept in cvs,
but which will be created (in the po subdirectory) when you
configure and make freeciv, if you have the appropriate tools
(essentially, GNU gettext tools, I think).

I have also put the latest freeciv.pot (gzipped) in:

ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/contrib/development/l10n/

Regards,
-- David