Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Italian translation

To: mc3510@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Italian translation
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 13:44:23 +1000 (EST)

Francesco Celli wrote:

> we are two italian freeciv users (of the amiga port in particular). We are
> thinking to translate an italian version of freeciv that will be ready, we
> hope, for the relase of 1.9.0.
> Can we proced?

Yes, please do.  Even if it is not ready for 1.9.0, it will
be good to have for the following releases :-)

Also, partial translations may be useful to some people
(and realistically it would not be feasible to get all
translation 100% complete by release times anyway), so
would also be accepted for inclusion.

> If yes, Should it possible to know the eventual deadline to
> sent you the translated .po file?

My current plan (assuming no unforseen problems...) is to try
to do the release this weekend (say October 17), so I guess
before then...  But the sooner the better.

I guess in principle new/updated po files could introduce bugs,
in the sense of freeciv not working for people using that LANG
(eg, buffer overruns due to strings too long), but I think we
should not worry too much about that.  Just forward any such
bugs to the appropriate translator :-)

-- David