Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] I18n problems

To: Freeciv Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] I18n problems
From: Artur Biesiadowski <abies@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 12:34:05 +0200

During translation of freeciv.pot I've hit two problems.

First is with "Name" in city report (and maybe few other places). "Name"
is used for player name, city name maybe laso unit name somewhere. In
polish name of person is very different word from name of thing. So, if
I could ask, change either player "Name" to "Your name" or "Player name"
or change other "Name"s to specific ones - like "City name".

Second thing is for future. There is a problem with translating "Game" -
it is used both for 'play' and for resource type. I think that not
language except english has same word for these two things, so it is not
only polish problem. I propose to rename resource type - to
"Herd"/"Herds" or "Buffalo" or something like this.

Artur