Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] ARGH my_XawScrollbarSetThumb still broken

To: jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] ARGH my_XawScrollbarSetThumb still broken
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 13:41:52 +1000 (EST)

Jeff Mallatt wrote:

> So, I added NARROWPROTO (and another X function prototype define,
> FUNCPROTO) to the Autoconf stuff.  (This is my first venture into
> Autoconf-land, so please excuse any egregious errors.  Thanks!)  I use
> xmkmf to determine the values of these two variables, and define them
> accordingly in config.h.  Using these defines required adding "#include
> <config.h>" to all the .c files in client/gui-xaw.

> But, so far, this only works on one machine.  I'd like to hear if it works
> (or doesn't ;-) on any others -- especially those on which direct calls to
> XawScrollbarSetThumb() *did* work.  Also, is adding this stuff to config.h
> the right way to try to fix this, or is there a better way?

Well, this patch works ok on the machines I have access to
(Linux/Xaw, Solaris/Xaw/Xaw3d).

The only think I'm a bit wondering is whether its a good idea
to depend on xmkmf being available.  Yes, autoconf uses it, but
I think it can survive without it.  On the other hand this does
seem to be the correct fix in terms of maybe fixing things other
than just XawScrollbarSetThumb().

-- David