Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] ARGH my_XawScrollbarSetThumb still broken

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] ARGH my_XawScrollbarSetThumb still broken
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 02:33:39 -0400

At 1999/09/03 23:41 , David Pfitzner wrote:
>Jeff Mallatt wrote:
>> So, I added NARROWPROTO (and another X function prototype define,
>> FUNCPROTO) to the Autoconf stuff.
>
>The only think I'm a bit wondering is whether its a good idea
>to depend on xmkmf being available.  Yes, autoconf uses it, but
>I think it can survive without it.  On the other hand this does
>seem to be the correct fix in terms of maybe fixing things other
>than just XawScrollbarSetThumb().

Here's a patch to address the possible lack of xmkmf.  (I just heard a
rumor that Red Hat 5.2 doesn't install imake with X -- though, I haven't
checked this out myself -- so, maybe missing xmkmf is not that uncommon.)

This patch does what the previous one did, plus adds two things: the
"--with-x-funcproto=DEFS" argument to configure, and a set of fallback
tests which try to guess reasonable values when xmkmf doesn't exist.

jjm