Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Pollution with new techs

To: abies@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Pollution with new techs
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 11:38:20 +1000 (EST)

Artur Biesiadowski wrote:

> Pollution modifier can be computed wrong in advdomestic.c:pollution_cost
> and in cityturn.c:set_pollution. I think it should be
>   mod = max(mod,i)
> instead of
>   mod = i
> (in other case order of techs in ruleset is important).

This has changed recently, and will change again soon;
precisely which version are you referring to?
In any case I don't see how your change would help, since
always (mod <= i).  Perhaps you mean it should be mod++.

The current code is backward compatible to how freeciv has
done this for a long time; its unclear to me whether this
old behaviour was intentional or accidental.  The pollution
result depends on the order in which techs are specified in
the techs.ruleset vector a_special.population_pollution, but
not on the global tech order.

But this will probably change to your preference soon anyway,
because its easier to do when change to tech flags; see: