Re: [Freeciv-Dev] FreeCIV on BSDI etc.

To: Ed Cogburn <ecogburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] FreeCIV on BSDI etc.
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 18:10:12 -0500

On Tue, Aug 31, 1999 at 10:40:47PM +0000, Ed Cogburn wrote:
> Martin Willemoes Hansen wrote:
> > > Why do the enemies attack caravans and diplomats?
> >
> > Well its smart .. like the diplomats can steal techs from them and
> > caravans can help you generate more money.
>
>       Doesn't the AI controlled city gain an equal amount of money from
> a trade route with a player's city?  Or am I thinking civ2 and not
> freeciv?

        Civ1 trade routes are 1 way, and you can only have 3 of them.
        Civ2 trade routes are as you describe.  Freeciv doesn't implement
food caravans yet, however.
        I haven't played CivTOT, SMAC, or CTP to know how they handle
trade.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"When I was young, the sky was filled with stars.