Re: [Freeciv-Dev] fltk + civclient: anyone consider a port?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] fltk + civclient: anyone consider a port?
From: "jrb3@xxxxxxxx (Joseph Beckenbach III, CCP)" <jrb3@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 08:56:57 -0700

Greetings!

        I'm new to FreeCiv and FreeCiv-Dev, so please bear with me while I
adjust my irony and humor detectors.  "On the Internet, no one knows whether
your tongue is in your cheek."

        On Sat, 28 Aug 1999 03:09:47 +0200  Reinier Post wrote:
>   'Read my lips: no new clients.'

        That's a shame, because I'm starting work on porting FreeCiv to BeOS.
Since the GTK port of BeOS isn't stable (no key events, etcetera), it's going
to be faster to do a fully native port.  Any of you interested in BeOS port,
go see http://www.cosource.com/ and browse the BeOS section -- and sponsor
a proposal when it arrives!

        Which brings up the issue of submitting source changes to freeciv.
I can file a bug against the server, providing the patches needed to let it
run on BeOS.  Is the same mechanism preferred for a new client, which would
appear in a new subdirectory (client/gui-beos/)?  I'd expect the first draft
submitted would NOT use automake and autoconf, but that flaw would be corrected
soon afterwards.

                Joseph
----
Joseph Beckenbach III, CCP              +1.408.452.0721
Be Do Have Software                     http://www.jrb3.com/bdh