Re: [Freeciv-Dev] ARGH my_XawScrollbarSetThumb still broken

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] ARGH my_XawScrollbarSetThumb still broken
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 08:25:36 -0400

At 1999/08/26 12:15 , Falk Hueffner wrote:
>once again I debugged freeciv for quite some time to find the bug is
>in my_XawScrollbarSetThumb. Could PLEASE somebody apply this patch?
>Obviously, the current implementation is completely bogus, and as long
>as we don't know what he was trying to work around, I guess we don't
>have much chance to fix it.

Without looking deeply into it, I simply applied your patch -- and my
scrollbars stopped working!

Your patch simply calls XawScrollbarSetThumb directly.  That should work,
except when called from the jumpProc (it's documented to *not* work from
there -- but it shouldn't be needed there).

I'll poke around some more, to see if I can find a cause...

jjm