Re: [Freeciv-Dev] ARGH my_XawScrollbarSetThumb still broken

To: falk.hueffner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] ARGH my_XawScrollbarSetThumb still broken
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 21:36:46 +1000 (EST)

Falk Hueffner wrote:

> once again I debugged freeciv for quite some time to find the bug is
> in my_XawScrollbarSetThumb. Could PLEASE somebody apply this patch?
> Obviously, the current implementation is completely bogus, and as long
> as we don't know what he was trying to work around, I guess we don't
> have much chance to fix it.

Well, there is some reason for the workaround, because your
change makes it no longer work properly on my system :-(
(Linux 2.0.36, i586, Debian 2.1, XFree86 3.3.2.3a-11)
(sizeof(float) == sizeof(XtArgVal) == 4).

The scrollbar works ok (in terms of clicking the mouse and the
map moving etc), but the scrollbar display is total screwy,
in most cases either showing the scrollbar taking up all
the space, or else none.

-- David