Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: Add Paratroopers

To: Sebastian Bauer <sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Peter Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: Add Paratroopers
From: Mika Korhonen <mikak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 09:43:27 +0300 (EET DST)

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Sebastian Bauer wrote:

>Hallo Peter,
>
>>> Another question:
>>> Why are the elephants and crusaders not supproted. As far as I can see
>>> they only need some changes in the ruleset?
>> Right, in fact someone sent a patch, I think.
>
>Great :-)
>If these units and the paratroopers are added which things still are
>missing from civ2?
>  Fundamentalism (done by the government patch?) and the fanatics unit
>  Airbases

If I remember correctly the elephants and also that fundamentalism were
considered too powerful, thus imbalancing the game, even if they were
indeed included in CivII. That was back then -- and the things may be
different now that the rulesets have arrived.

        Mika
Money can't buy happiness, but it can make you awfully comfortable while
you're being miserable.
                -- C.B. Luce