[Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: Add Paratroopers

To: Mika Korhonen <mikak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Peter Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: Add Paratroopers
From: sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx (Sebastian Bauer)
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 14:16:43 +0100

Hello Mika

>>> Right, in fact someone sent a patch, I think.
>> Great :-)
>> If these units and the paratroopers are added which things still are
>> missing from civ2?
>>  Fundamentalism (done by the government patch?) and the fanatics unit
>>  Airbases
> If I remember correctly the elephants and also that fundamentalism were
> considered too powerful, thus imbalancing the game, even if they were
> indeed included in CivII. That was back then -- and the things may be
> different now that the rulesets have arrived.

I hope so :-)
At least the civ 2 ruleset should support them, as CivII did ;-)

But for the freecic ruleset we maybe could can change the
move_rate of the elephants and crusaders from 2 to 1. Then
there would be also a real difference between the dragoons
and the crusaders, because the dragoons make the crusaders
obsolette. The actual differences are that the dragoons
costs 10 shields more and that they have 10 more hitpointes.

bye,
Sebastian Bauer