Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: Use PATH_SEPERATOR instead of colon

To: sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: Use PATH_SEPERATOR instead of colon
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 21:04:04 +1000 (EST)

sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx (Sebastian Bauer) wrote:

> >> Also the predefined BASE_DATA_PATH is very useless on AmigaOS.
> >> We could do here the same like with PATH_SEPERATOR (that
> >> I can overwrite BASE_DATA_PATH in config.h). Do you agree?
> > Yes, sure.  Also, if you change this, I would favour removing
> > the (legacy) support for FREECIV_DATADIR, both as compile
> > define and environment variable.
>
> Ok. I've done that. The patch is attached.

Thanks.  Except I was a bit confused/hasty.  While the env var
FREECIV_DATADIR can go away, the compile define FREECIV_DATADIR
(eg, as defined by configure) should stay, so that freeciv finds
the appropriate data when has been installed by 'make install'
after configure.

Either that or make configure define DEFAULT_DATA_PATH
appropriately, eg I guess something like:
  FC_EXPAND_DIR(FREECIV_DATADIR, "$datadir/freeciv")
  AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(FREECIV_DATADIR, ".:data:~/.freeciv:$FREECIV_DATADIR")
Not should which would be better.

Regards,
-- David